[hpsdr] ANAN 200D with Transverter

Trev Jackson trev.g7pvs at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 7 03:34:40 PDT 2017

Hi Folks,

I'd be grateful if it could be confirmed whether the behaviour of my
radio/software is as it should be or if I've got some settings wrong.

I'm using OpenHPSDR mRX v3.3.9 (6/15/16) and the ANAN Address detail is
shown as :

ID:Orion, ver: 4.3, (This is as supplied)

I have my HF antenna connected to 'ANT 1'.

I initially connected my transverter to 'XVTR RX', 'XVTR TX' and 'PTT OUT'.

With these connections I added in the the xvtr settings, but when I
selected 4m I got a mix of the input from 'ANT1' and 'XVTR RX' on the
panadapter.

I therefore changed the physical connection from 'XVTR RX' to 'RX2'.

Now with RX2 enabled I can switch between 4m on VFO B and HF on VFO A
enabling VAC1 or VAC2 for the audio.  With VAC1 disabled, VAC2 enabled
and with VFO B set to 4m the audio out is distorted, however simply
selecting VFO B TX (top right) clears the distortion.

If I then transmit using VFO B even though the PA is disabled in the
xvtr settings I'm getting full power out of 'ANT 1' as well as the
output from 'XVTR TX', to turn the output off I also need select 4m on
VFO A, the frequency of transmission is on the frequency selected by VFO
B, but the PA enabled seems to be determined by VFO A.

With both VFO A and VFO B on 4m 'VFOB Band' (bottom left) shows 40m (not
even the tranverter input band).

I'm currently using the PC speaker and a mic plugged into the PC -
although I'm not sure if it is relevant the PC is a Panasonic CF-31
Toughbook.

73 Trev (G7PVS)