[hpsdr] 31db attenuator

k4kv k4kv at k4kv.com
Tue Apr 11 05:49:52 PDT 2017

Hello,
I spent some time yesterday talking to a fellow at Mini-Circuits about the 6-bit attenuator.  The correct part is the DAT-31A-SP+, not the 31r5ASP+ their website recommends.  When I first built my Hermes, the guy I bought the attenuators from got it wrong, then I bought new ones and replaced the ones I had.  That also did not work.That being said, the 6-bit part seems to be the future, so 'we' should consider changing to include either a 5-bit or a 6-bit part.The extra pin on the 6-bit part is only for power-up settings, and is moot after the first programming word is sent.Sorry for the confusion...73Glen K4KV