[hpsdr] 31db attenuator

Joe Martin k5so at k5so.com
Tue Apr 11 06:04:28 PDT 2017

Hi Glen,

The ANAN-8000DLE uses the 6-bit DAT-31R5A+.  The footprint is identical to the DAT-31A-SP+, with pin 20 being for stepping in 0.5dB steps in the DAT-31R5A+ and having no connection in the DAT-31A-SP+.  The firmware in the 8000DLE converts the 5-bit attenuator sent by software to a 6-bit number to actually send to the attenuator on the 8000DLE Orion MkII board.  If you have installed a DAT-31R5A+ we can make a modification to the firmware you use on the Hermes to accommodate that part, as we have done for the Orion MkII board.

But of course you may not wish to go that route as the future public released versions of firmware for Hermes will assume you have the DAT-31A+ part.  It’s probably not a great idea to configure your Hermes with an attenuator that differs from what is used on other Hermes boards, unless you wish to create your own special firmware version each time for it.

73, Joe K5SO