[hpsdr] PS input signal

Bill Diaz william.diaz at comcast.net
Fri Aug 4 12:08:44 PDT 2017

Glen,
    The receiver ADC clips at -17dbm or so.  A -10dbm sample from your
external directional coupler should be automatically be attenuated to
the proper level for PS operation if you are using PowerSDR/Thetis and
have "ATT on TX" checked on the Ant/Filters Antenna checked.  The
receivers 31db step attenuator is used to attain the proper level,
provided the input sample level is not more than about +14dbm.
Therefore, a sample level between -10 and + 10 should work, provided
your external directional coupler has relatively linear output from
160-6m.  YMMV.

Bill KC9XG