[hpsdr] Feedback

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 5 20:02:41 PDT 2017

Hi all,I forgot to mention that my MRI amplifiers oscillated at a very low level at around 80MHz. I put 1K in series with .01uFeach gate to drain to kill the oscillation. Other guys have reported oscillations with other devices so I think it is a good idea to have a little feedback to tame high frequency oscillations especially if the gate load resistor is a high value. I'm running 3 ohms on each gate with a 3:1 input transformer. I agree feedback did not do much for IMD but it stabilized the gainFrank WA1GFZ