[hpsdr] Fwd: Problems getting Ozy+Mercury up on GNU/Linux

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan vu3rdd at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 22:13:48 PST 2017

Hi OpenHPSDR Hackers,

[​Apologies if this is a duplicate message. The message was too big, so I
had to move out the logs to reduce the message size. I canceled the other
message, hopefully that took effect.]​

I am returning to the project after a very long time (roughly 10 years!)
and dusted off my Atlas, Ozy and Mercury board during the Christmas break.
I got the ghpsdr-alex repository cloned and compiled from source.

My board revisions are as follows:

Ozy: RevB (with the date 10 Oct 2006) - This was soldered by me and was
working.
Mercury DDC Rx: Rev A. This was from TAPR I believe and was working as well.

The first thing I noticed is that running the hpsdr-server program always
segfaults. On running gdb, I found that the code somehow does not know
about the old Ozy boards. I found a repo and a branch for Ozy from Andrea
(IW0DHV): <https://github.com/IW0HDV/ghpsdr3-alex/blob/hpsdr-ozy/
trunk/src/server/README>. I am also taking the liberty to copy Andrea,
whose email I got from the git commit log.

Following the changes in this repo on hpsdr-server, I could reach a point
where there are no segfaults but I get an error:

[...]
  [01F0] 0000000000000000 0000000000000000

server configured for 1 receivers at 96000
ozy_ep6_ep2_io_thread: OzyBulkRead read failed -7
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -7 bytes

(the entire log of the hpsdr-server output is below).

​I need to read up a bit to get myself uptodate on how HPSDR loads USB code
and the fpga code. These are the LEDs after the hpsdr-server quits with the
above error message.

On Mercury:

(Red LEDs)
D3 is ON
D9 is ON/OFF (roughly one sec frequency)
D10 is ON/OFF (more frequency than D9)

(Green LEDs)
D1, D15, D16, D17 is ON.

On Ozy:

(Red LEDs)

D1 (occasionally turns on)
D2 is ON
D3 OFF
D4 OFF
D5-D8 is ON
D9 - ON/OFF at equal duration (roughly 1 sec)
D10, D11 - OFF
D12 - ON

​The stdout log when I ran hpsdr-server is here: <
https://gist.github.com/vu3rdd/4cb8ce798df525cdbdea146521d60d19>​

​I would appreciate help in going forward. Thanks.
​ Meanwhile I will start reading through the code and wiki pages and try to
make sense of the code.​

73
--
​