[hpsdr] Problems getting Ozy+Mercury up on GNU/Linux

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan vu3rdd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 01:06:44 PST 2017

I now installed the Mercury on slot J5, Ozy on J2 (no other boards
installed on the Atlas board). I ran the same command with
Ozy_Janus_V28.rbf file. If I run the command a few times, the D3 through D8
LEDs on Mercury all get turned on. D9 and D10 are blinking.

Also the outputs printed out is different this time (not as many Zeros's in
the output): <
https://gist.github.com/vu3rdd/9322e7bfae36f0b6d5787ff42f27fa93>

As you can see at around line number 324 and 325, it prints the versions as:

Mercury Software version: 33 (0x21)
Ozy Software version: 28 (0x1C)

After a few seconds, the LEDs D4 through D8 turns off. The hpsdr-server
still dies though.. with this message:
[...]
  [01E0] 0001100000000000 0001100000000000
  [01F0] 00061C0000000000 00061C0000000000

ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -7 bytes
$

As I understand from the Verilog file:

D3      : Turns on after the INIT_DONE signal.
D4 - D8 : Test LEDs.
D9 - D10: bits 24 and 25 of a 27 bit counter (?)
D11     : ADC Overflow

I had a jumper installed on the LAST JTAG (JP7) on Mercury, which I took
out.

I hope others don't mind these dumps of the debugging process. I am posting
these here on the hopes that someone else has already gone through this and
so would be able to help me out with it and also because someone else in
the future can see the archived messages and find their way out.

Thanks

73
Ramakrishnan VU3RDD

--