[hpsdr] Hermes_v3.3 released

Greg - ZL3IX zl3ix at inet.net.nz
Sun Dec 31 09:31:07 PST 2017

Hi Phil,

I also prefer N-type connectors, and use them exclusively in my station,
even though from an RF point of view they are not really necessary at
HF. My reason is that I have had lots of problems in the past with
intermittent contacts on the centre pin with PL259/SO239. I find that,
if the humidity is reasonably high, a very thin layer of oxide forms on
the centre pin of the 259, resulting in no or little Rx. It needs to be
blown away with a burst from the Tx before the Rx comes back again. The
connection on my SteppIR was particularly bad for this, and in the end I
changed it to N-type. No problems after doing that.

73 + HNY,
Greg ZL3IX