[hpsdr] Fwd: Re: pihpsdr

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 10:41:16 PST 2017

John makes a very good observation. At the extremely low price points of
these commodity USB power supplies, one cannot always believe the spec. I
went overkill and obtained the Adafruit 10A supply with a 2.1mm coaxial to
USB adapter.

The other possibility is a poor USB cable of some sort. 28AWG conductors
don't do very well even when a 10A supply is at on end. Depending on how
you are wired up, that could be a factor. I try to make it a point to
obtain USB cables for power critical applications that have 22AWG
conductors or larger.

However, usually you will see the yellow lightning bolt symbol on your Pi
display if voltage is on the low side. Perhaps not always.

73,

Scott/w-u-2-o