[hpsdr] pi software

K4KV k4kv at k4kv.com
Fri Feb 24 05:33:42 PST 2017

John,

Thanks, I was wrong, of course.  I have Ubuntu on another machine, not
the PI3.  I upgraded the PI3, then

the program came up.  I was amazed how fast it did the FFT analysis when
compared to the PC!

Being a newbie with this thing, I noticed several problems:

1.  It kills the speaker audio on the Hermes.  Even when I stop pihpsdr,
and then start PSDR, PSDR cannot restore the speaker. Headphone jack on
the Hermes works with both units.  Only powering down the Hermes and
running PSDR

restores the speaker.  VAC provides PC audio when the speaker is dead.
I do not use VAC.

2.  PTT input on the Hermes does put the pihpsdr into xmit mode. But I
am unable to get the mic input on the Hermes

to do anything.   Ran up to 20db gain on mic, nothing.

3.  I have a SB XFi USB audio dongle plugged into the PI3, and it knows
it is there.  Selecting it under RX does not work.

'Local' audio under RX also does not restore the speaker.

4.  No Pan or Zoom (some of my most used features in PSDR)

5.  I noticed that pihpsdr is also finding the Hermes on WiFi. Should I
disable that for any reason?

Great work John!

73

Glen K4KV