[hpsdr] External disable of Penelope RF output?

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Mon Jan 2 15:18:03 PST 2017

I'm contemplating some kind of high swr detection circuit in an external
homebrew amp.  I've seen some designs that detect hi swr and block RF
from the driving rig by using the ALC line.  Since Penelope does not
have an ALC line, is there some way an external device can tell Penelope
to cease generating RF?

I see Penelope has pin 1 on the DB25 connector labeled as "PTT Input -
active when connected to ground" - but I'm not sure if this is relevant
to this issue or how this pin is used.

Thanks,

Pete, N3EVL