[hpsdr] External disable of Penelope RF output?

Helmut dc6ny at gmx.de
Tue Jan 3 04:21:50 PST 2017

Pete, SWR protection is always a good idea to extend life time of your amp,
hi. As drive reduction doesn’t solve a mismatch problem of the antenna, it’s
better and safer to stop your amp by interrupting the amp’s bias. An
analogue ALC is not provided on any HPSDR exciter board, because PowerSDR
prevents any form of override of the board’s RF signal.

Pin1 (PTT-input) switches the Penelope to TX mode, when grounded. At pin 13
(PTT out) you’ll have access to the drain of a buffer FET to control  e.g.
an external relay for accessories like amps, XVTRs etc. Please see
schematics.

73, Helmut, DC6NY