[hpsdr] Upgrading firmware on baords

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org
Tue Jan 3 20:15:55 PST 2017

All:

I am trying to help a friend who just purchased a Metis, Mercury, Penny,
Atlas system.  He is trying to update the firmware, which is original.

Using HPSDRPRogrammer, he was able to update Metis to v 3.0.  We have
been unable to update Mercury or Penny.

The guidance in documentation I have is ambiguous.

Questions:

1.  What does HPSDRBootloader do?

2.  What does HPDSDRProgrammer do?

3.  What jumpers should be installed when?

4.  What program and what jumper settings (metis and mercury) should be
used to update Mercury?

5.  What program and what jumper settings (penny and metis) should be
used to update Penny?

Thanks & 73,

Jim

wb4gcs at amsat.org