[hpsdr] Problem with 3.3.9 MIC setting

Jay Mills jay at jaymills.org
Thu Jan 5 10:05:13 PST 2017

Hello all,

I have discovered an interesting "corner case" in PowerSDR 3.3.9 that
causes old, free versions of Ham Radio Deluxe to always lose their
virtual serial connection through vspMgr v1.0.3. This is NOT a problem
with Logger32, so it must be a very rare interaction between specific
programs.

Reducing the MIC gain slider from 0 to -1 or below, always causes HRD to
freeze, then lose the port connection.  The connection can always be
re-established by returning the MIC gain to 0, or any positive value.
This happens even with a complete database reset and a reinstall of ALL
programs involved and changing the virtual serial ports.

*Full disclosure, I retired from 10 years in testing computer software.
I have only been a ham for 58 years.

Jay, HP3AK & K1YJ
hp3ak at jaymills.org