[hpsdr] [Freetel-codec2] FreeDV always USB or LSB below 10Mhz and USBabove?

Helmut dc6ny at gmx.de
Fri Jan 20 00:51:23 PST 2017

Hi,

it's no sacrilege to use the 'wrong' sideband, if band limits are respected.
On 7 MHz I frequently change the sideband to talk with my friends who run
the Flex 6000 series. The bigger problem is that only a few stations can use
the bit-saving FreeDv mode 700B, which seems a lot more robust and allows
smaller SNRs.

73, Helmut, DC6NY

PS: John, I'm waiting and hoping for our first FreeDV QSO as planned before
the UK Brexit make it impossible, hi. Good luck!