[hpsdr] New Hermes 2M Board.

AA8K73 GMail aa8k73 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 07:34:43 PDT 2017

Intriguing news Kjell.  I am not interested, but I wish you success.

I have been participating in OpenHPSDR since it was Xylo-SDR.  I
was attracted by the open design and the stress on getting
high-performance from the latest-available components.  I sold
my other transceivers when I saw the difference in performance.

I have been soldering for 60 years.  I soldered my two Atlas
boards, Excalibur, PennyWhistle, Munin, Blitzortung, etc.  I was
not disappointed that Janus, Mercury, and Penelope were
machine-soldered.  I would have paid some additional money to
have the Atlas boards machine-soldered.  My hobby is not
lead-smithing, and I have more interesting things to do with my
time.  I solder when I cannot get something any other way and
would not want to compromise a design to enable manual soldering.

Your project has different goals and that is good too.

73,
Mike - AA8K