[hpsdr] Digital modes for atlas-based systems -- alternatives and opinions sought

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org
Sun Jun 25 03:31:30 PDT 2017

All:

I've been working on an atlas-based system for a couple of years.
Called it complete last week.  Used it at Filed Day and had a blast on
ssb and cw.  Now ready to try digital.

    I have the virtual serial cable package.

    I have the trial VAC package and will try it today.

    I have the WSJT-X package.

I /think/ I have heard of an allegedly "better" Virtual Audio Cable
package, but can't find in my saved notes and emails.

Question:

     Is there an alternative, and if so, any recommendations/opinions
from folks who have used any of these?

Thanks & 73,

Jim

wb4gcs at amsat.org