[hpsdr] 10Mhz reference

Michael Cozzi cozzicon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 05:57:29 PST 2017

	Glen and Mike,

	I've been through a bit of learning with my Bodnar unit....

	If the GPSDO is accurate you should not need to run the calibration. So
the correction factor would be 1.0000. If you do run the calibration
against WWV- the result should be 1.0000.

	At one point I had created an issue with my GPDSO by setting it up for
other testing, and it was off by a large margin. I could calibrate the
problem away (about 300hz). But I found my base frequency was
incorrectly set in the GPSDO. Once that was corrected- the correction
factor went back to 1.0000.

	So if the GPSDO is "off" but stable, you can correct in software with
an acceptable result. But the best case is a 1.0000 correction factor.

	Michael- KD8TUT