[hpsdr] Next Generation DFC system.

ad0es ad0es at ad0es.net
Mon Mar 27 14:00:02 PDT 2017

Sid,

Booting the liveDVD image on your hardware would tell us whether it
works as a whole
on that class of hardware.  If your suggesting an attempt to run Athena,
etc on openSUSE
I'm afraid that won't work.  The image includes a kernel that has the
Nvidia CUDA compute
kernel driver already installed.  Athena wont run without that in the
kernel.  Another fly in
that ointment is that the image is a "squash filesystem", meaning that
you can't just remove
the Athena binaries from it and run on another system.  open SUSE could
probably run Athena
as there is a openSUSE version of the CUDA tools available, but it would
require a fair
amount of work, ie building a kernel with the driver, installing the
CUDA toolkit, building
Athena, etc. from source ...  instructions for doing this are on the
main web-site.

Try to boot/test the image as is first.

Steve AD0ES