[hpsdr] Janus as a Windows sound card

Dick Faust k9ivb at cox.net
Mon May 8 16:58:42 PDT 2017

I also looked at this years ago and was not given much encouragement. I
do have the proper version development tools archived someplace, that I
have made available to others in the past, should there be an interest.

Someplace in the Yahoo Softrock Group there was some design activity
using the same chip as Janus for a sound card for Windows.

As far as using with SDR-1000 [and Softrocks] they work with the
original software, quite well as I remember.  The ver 2.1 manual covers
the instructions for both Softrock and SDR-1000.  At some point the
firmware reconfigured the Atlas bus for newer HPSDR software versions.

In November 2016 new signed drivers for win 10 were made available & I
would assume they would permit Ozy/Janus to work with PowerSDR and the
Softrock/ SDR-1000 [along with the proper firmware]. [disclaimer: I
never use Win10].

Good luck

Dick K9IVB