[hpsdr] Manual transmitter control on CW mode

Bill Beam wbeam at gci.net
Thu May 25 19:37:39 PDT 2017

The point made was that it is not possible to disable CW break-in. Whenever paddle is touched the rig
goes into transmit. PTT functions do work OK.

I find this with my 200D, PowerSDR v 3.3.17, firmware 4.9.  I am unable to find a way to disable CW break-in.

73, NL7F

On Thu, 25 May 2017 20:14:43 -0600, Joe Martin wrote:

>>  be an appropriate time to report your problem on the ANAN-100D.

>Opps, pardon my typo.  I meant to say G€œG€¦ANAN-200D.G€.  Excellent choice, in my opinion!

>73, Joe K5SO

>> On May 25, 2017, at 8:12 PM, Joe Martin <k5so at k5so.com> wrote:

>> Hi Luke,
>>
>> Congratulations on acquiring the ANAN-200D!  The firmware for your ANAN-200D and PowerSDR software are woefully out of date
though and is the source of your foot switch PTT keying problem.

>> The first thing you should do with your new radio is to update the firmware in your ANAN-200D to the current Orion v4.9 and run the
latest PowerSR mRX PS v3.3.11.  Recent modifications of the Orion firmware have specifically addressed external PTT input keying (as,
for example, you would use with a foot switch to control PTT).

>> If you still have problems after updating your firmware and software then that would be an appropriate time to report your problem on the
ANAN-100D.  Foot switch keying of the PTT line works fine in CW mode when using the current versions of firmware and software.

>> 73, Joe K5SO
>>
>>> On May 25, 2017, at 7:45 PM, List Mail <mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au> wrote:
>>>
>>> ***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****
>>>
>>> I first raised an issue with my Atlas system over two years ago, after the CW works was moved from software to FPGA. The latency
problem was solved and has since been wonderful.

>>> At about this time, I noted a change in operation in the CW transmitting control, where I found I had lost the ability to fully manually
control the transmit/receive switching using a footswitch. The only options available seem to be semi break-in or full break-in. In other
words, any time I touch the paddle, accidentally or deliberately, the rig transmits. I can still set the transmitter to send using external PTT,
but it will also send anytime I touch the paddle.

>>> Furthermore, I now have a new ANAN 200D, running v4.3 firmware and PowerSDR mRX PS v3.3.9. I experience the same MO as with
the Atlas system.

>>> My question is, was this way of operation intended or is there a bug?
>>>
>>> I have read the version update notes, and can certainly see that CW operations have *not* been ignored.
>>>
>>> If the only way of CW transmit control is either semi break-in (which works very well) or full break-in (which doesnG€™t work well with
amplifiers with relays), may I please request a further option of Manual (external PTT) control where touching the paddle/key will not set the
transmitter to send to be added to the G€œTo DoG€ list?