[hpsdr] Implementing loudspeaker(s) on ANAN

List Mail mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au
Thu May 25 19:49:07 PDT 2017

Whilst I am at the keyboard, I would like to ask how other users of ANAN
rigs are attaching loudspeakers? I find the arrangement to be rather odd, in
that:

a. The speaker outputs are balanced and MUST NOT be grounded, and

b. The speaker outputs are accessed using two different physical interfaces,
3.5 mm TRS and a pair of pins on the DB25 accessory jack.

I should think I will plug a normal (ungrounded) external speaker into the
3.5 mm jack using a stereo plug in the first instance, and later think about
dual speakers connected to both channels.

When operating, I usually wear headphones, so that is just fine, but when
I'm doing other things in the man cave, I like a loudspeaker going.

73,

Luke VK3HJ