[hpsdr] New Hermes 2M Board.

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Mon May 29 09:19:00 PDT 2017

I don't know, this guy's got the "mad skilz" ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTAU647jzzk

More to the point, X-ray inspection of BGA solder attachment has made BGA
solder attachment quite reliable. Most of the reliability issues that are
being seen these days, most typically on GPU ICs, is due to the failure of
the internal die to substrate solder bumps or wire bonds caused by
overheating during operation.

That said, while I'm pretty sure I could get a BGA properly attached in my
lab at home, I'd hate to do it without X-ray inspection afterwards.

Maybe a group buy on BGA attachment and inspection services? It's been
suggested before, I think.

73,

Scott/w-u-2-o

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 10:21 AM, dlwaddel at netzero.net <dlwaddel at netzero.net