[hpsdr] New Hermes board

Helmut dc6ny at gmx.de
Wed May 31 07:03:09 PDT 2017

Hi Simon,

I guess you call Hermes 16 Bit Hermes 10 and Hermes 14 Bit Hermes 10E following the Apache names, hi. No, all joking aside, I tested both boards intensively using the current protocol 2 firmware and last version of Thetis: the ‘small’ 14 bit board works rather stable of course also together with PS2.0. Occasionally some data packets get lost, indicated by the red flashing ‘seq=’, but no big deal as PS seems to correct all in the following calibration cycle.
Another story with the 16 Bit version: While all major functions work ok, it’s a big luck to get PS started. Since other testers reported on a temperature sensitivity of the board (FPGA ?) I cooled down the board to 5°C and found no difference.

73, Helmut, DC6NY