[hpsdr] Behringer cmd studio 2a Wheel problem

dx at hb9emp.ch dx at hb9emp.ch
Mon Sep 11 22:58:05 PDT 2017

Hello

I tried to use the Behringer cmd studio 2a with the latest HPSDR Version
OpenHPSDR-PowerSDR mRX PS v3.4.2.
The Studio 2a gets properly detected and when I try to map sliders and
knobs it works properly. Unfortunately the wheel doesn't work.
For example if I try to map the big wheel to change the frequency of VFO
a, I turn it slowly, it gets detected and I get max value 65 and min
value 63.
But then, once I saved it, the big wheel, doesn't do anything when I
turn it. Only if use the touch sensitive surface of the wheel, the freq
decreases in 100khz steps. Even though it is 0/127 value when you touch
it (act like a knob on touch).
I read in BehringerMods_Midi2Cat_v2.pdf that midi2cat was adjusted to
make it work with the Behringer CMD PL-1 and CMD Micro. Is it possible
that the CMD Studio2a is not properly detected as a Behringer product in
midi2cat and due to this, it get handled as a Hercules interface and
that is the reason why it doesn't function properly?

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.
73
Mischa, HB9EMP