[hpsdr] Fwd: Yaesu MH-31 Mic w/Pennylane (orig post 11/28/2011)

John C. Westmoreland, P.E. john at westmorelandengineering.com
Tue Aug 7 17:55:58 PDT 2018

(I got an error from the mail server, if this is a duplicate, sorry for
that.)

Hello Again,

I knew that I had posted about this before.

The reason I've been having trouble is posted here:

http://www.westmorelandengineering.com/OpenHPSDR/Projects/
Themis/fl2-short.jpg

Has anyone else seen this issue on PennyLane?  The inductor has 'fingers'
that can get bent.  There's a ground via that is close to the input pin,
and evidently
can be bent during loading.

I'm pretty sure I've had this issue since I've had the PennyLane board, I
had moved onto other more pressing issues and have now finally circled back
to why my mic isn't working
on PennyLane.

I would imagine the people that assembled these boards would be familiar
with this issue and/or those 'fingers' on the inductors (ferrites) should
have been snipped maybe before loading.

Right now I'm not sure whether or not the TLV320AIC23B (U10) is actually
working or not.  I'm not sure that the MCBIAS or MCIN pins were not
affected by having pin 2 of J4 being grounded.

73's,
John
AJ6BC