[hpsdr] 14-bit Red Pitaya - as a working HF transceiver?

Jim Barber barberaudio at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:00:05 PDT 2018

Not much in the archives on this one.
How does the 14-bit version of the board hold up as a general-purpose
HF/VHF transceiver?

I'm looking for an informed, but subjective opinion. Is the RX "good
enough" ?  I know it has a 14-bit ADC, but I don't know how well it
actually performs as a receiver.  I did see a comment saying the
PowerSDR-compatible firmware quashed some nasty TX spurs.

So to summarize:  Given that I have Angelia and Orion boards, would I be
horribly disappointed in the performance as another working rig? Also, I
didn't see much on the website about the 10W HF amp. Is that 10W 100% duty
cycle, and has anyone looked at the (no predistortion) IMD?

I recently resurrected and ported a relatively old SDR back-end I did for
ADI SHARC years ago, and was thinking it might make an interesting project.

Thanks,
Jim N7CXI