[hpsdr] WSJT-X with PowerSDR/DDUtil

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org
Mon Aug 13 14:39:19 PDT 2018

Good opportunity for me to ask a question I've been wondering about for
a while.  I'm very familiar with Icom CI-V, and can live with its
limitations.  I'm familiar (have written C code for) Yeasu FT-736 language.

Question:  What is the most flexible (since HPSDR will implement most)
CAT language to use between N1MM (and other) programs and HPSDR over the
virtual serial ports?  I could easily select CI-V and walk away, but if
there's something better which I don't know about, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks & 73,

Jim

wb4gcs at amsat.org

On 8/13/2018 9:42 AM, Todd Mondragon wrote:

> CAT control in PowerSDR is great, I use it to interface my Hercules DJ
> controller and it works a treat.
>

> On 13/08/2018 14:37, Scott Traurig wrote:
>>

>> You still have to use DDUtil to interface to the Flex knob.
>>
>> You can connect WSJT-X (and other things) directly to PowerSDR, at
>> least until you run out of the 4 CAT connections PowerSDR supports.
>>
>> I'm really surprised it's not obvious to you. Look at Setup > CAT
>> Control > CAT+
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Scott
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 9:26 AM, John Ackermann N8UR <jra at febo.com
>> <mailto:jra at febo.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi Scott --
>>
>>     The main reason has been to interface my old Flex tuning knob,
>>     which DDUtil supports.
>>
>>     I was using com0com but switched to vspmgr which seems to play
>>     better with DDUtil.
>>
>>     How do you set additional ports in PowerSDR?  In the CAT menu I
>>     only see one.
>>
>>     Thanks!
>>     John
>>     ----
>>
>>     On 08/13/2018 09:18 AM, Scott Traurig wrote:
>>
>>         Why use DDUtil for this? PowerSDR can entertain 4 CAT ports
>>         simultaneously. Use one for DDUtil, use another for WSJT-X.
>>
>>         What virtual serial port software are you using? VSPM has not
>>         proven stable for me. I have had much better performance from
>>         VSPE (yes, VSPE does cost $25). You might also try com0com.
>>
>>         73,
>>
>>         Scott/w-u-2-o

---