[hpsdr] Query

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Wed Dec 26 10:22:37 PST 2018

I've also seen weird things like when having downloaded a defective windows store app (package contains an ARM, not x86 version of a DLL), it contaminates the installation, and maybe the only way out short of 'reformat and reinstall' is running the VC redistributables with the '/r' switch (repair, IIRC), which will force the wrong one to be overwritten.  The OS places too much credence in the correctness of windows store app packages.

On OS like windows 10, the .Net Framework is a 'windows feature' and not so much installed, as 'maintained as a feature' by using Programs and Features, choosing 'turn windows features on and off' on the left, and managing them.

While I originally engineered and implemented the modern PowerSDR installer using Wix, a number of years ago, I have no idea what state it is in today.

73,
George K9TRV