[hpsdr] Pure Signal 2

Richard Grubb richard.n.grubb at comcast.net
Tue Feb 13 17:11:02 PST 2018

Can somebody please point me to documentation on Pure Signal 2 ? It
seems to differ in operation from that described in the documentation
for the original Pure Signal although I found my way around it.

I have implemented Pure Signal 2 on a Hermes/ANAN 10 setup driving a
Juma 1000 LDMOS PA. At 900 - 1000W. I am using the latest PowerSDR
interface release (3.4.7) and the latest Hermes firmware. At 900 W into
a dummy load it takes the first order products in the two tone test down
by > 30 dB to a level just below -60 dB wrt the single tone. Nice result
! However whatever feedback level I set (up to each tone at 0 dBm) the
"Feedback" indicator in the PowerSDR screen flashes red. Does that mean
two much or too little feedback ? Or just that the feedback is Ok ?
Thanks for any elucidation

Actually the feedback level seems pretty non critical. With a coupler
loss of -54 dB I get good results at 10 W barefoot as well as 1000W from
the Juma

73, Dick
W0QM/G3FNL