[hpsdr] CFC Audio Tools

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 19:48:22 PST 2018

See below...

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 7:16 PM, Jim Sanford <wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org> wrote:

> All:
>
> I am trying to set up these audio tools.  Not going well, even though I
> remember doing it shortly after it came out.  I have looked at the video
> twice.  Questions:
>
> 1.  I am running PowerSDRmRS PS v 3.4.1.  I see we're up to 3.4.7.  Can I
> directly upgrade, or is there an intermediate step?

You can upgrade directly. No intermediate steps required.

> 2.  What happened to the release notes?  The OpenHPSDR page sends me to
> github, where I can see the installer and source code, but no release notes.

I don't know how you could miss it????? If you go here:

https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-PowerSDR

The most recent release notes are right on that page, and historical notes
are in the releasenotes.md file.

> 3.  The thing that is really slapping me around is that I cannot see the
> TX Equalizer shown earlier in the video.  TXEq is enabled, but no
> equalizer.  What am I missing?

LOL! Seriously? Click on the "Equalizer" menu item in the menu bar, you
know, right next to "Wave".

> 4.  Is the video stored anywhere other than youtube so that I can download
> & save locally for reference?  Each viewing of it is a new download from
> youtube, and I am up against a satellite internet data cap.

It is not. You will have to use one of the many browser extensions
available that allows you to download Youtube videos.

See also

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2508

and

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2550