[hpsdr] Protocol 2 Status?

john clark n0ure at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 26 17:40:50 PST 2018

Thank you Scott/w-u-2-o for that information.
Being a utility type user I have no problems with the lowest level components being proprietary. I'm sure that my 100D has many now.  I do not plan on working at that level. I am hopeful that Apache Labs, Phil and others doing the FPGA work can press Quartus to provide the necessary software without costs, and the same for those qualified experimenters that may feel the need. [ Are there others? ] I have heard Phil talk about the gratis support from some engineering companies that have helped him progress. I also hope that P2 being a much limited feature protocol can quickly move to be "Done" and static. It would be a big disappointment to see the development abandoned. An expensive ( in time ) learning experience. What is being done with the new products on the bench? Hermes II,DFC ? Surely they will use P2? Do I need to send a letter to Apache Labs?
73John TI4/N0URE