[hpsdr] WSJT-X CAT Control for HPSDR (P1-Pandora)

John C. Westmoreland, P.E. john at westmorelandengineering.com
Thu Jul 26 20:26:18 PDT 2018

HPSDR'ers,

Hello - anyone there?  Maybe I've been shadow banned?  Ha!

Got WSJT-X working with Open(PowerSDR) using virtual com ports and VACs
under Vista-64 - and made two contacts just now (after fixing U6 on Penny)
- but this is a lot of fun ('just' using 10W with the power amp).

In case there's someone out there that may be curious - I can do a quick
write up - but it's pretty much like the link above with a few exceptions -
that are obviously kind of important.

Anyway - a lot of fun, right?

73's,
John
AJ6BC

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 8:25 AM, John C. Westmoreland, P.E. <
john at westmorelandengineering.com> wrote:

> ...OK - so this works - maybe not with the recommended virtual com port
> drivers but I have WSJT-X working in receive mode now - my PTT isn't happy
> but it's pretty cool to see this working with OpenHPSDR/PowerSDR via the
> CAT I/F - I'm emulating the Kenwood TS-2000.
>
> 73's,
> John
> AJ6BC
>

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 1:43 AM, John C. Westmoreland, P.E. <
> john at westmorelandengineering.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello HPSDR'ers,
>>
>> LinHPSDR sounds interesting.
>>
>> Will something like this possibly work?
>> http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50345.aspx
>>
>> 73's,
>> John
>> AJ6BC
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 11:55 PM, John C. Westmoreland, P.E. <
>> john at westmorelandengineering.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello HPSDR'ers,
>>>
>>> There's probably an old thread on this - but I was wondering how many of
>>> you are running WSJT-X with Protocol-1 (Pandora Chassis) - and any hints on
>>> building the CAT interface cable.
>>>
>>> I suppose this is fairly straight forward (?) - but wanted to ask since
>>> I'm sure someone on this list has already done this.
>>>
>>> Just wondering if you interfaced via Penelope/PennyLane or Metis and
>>> what you used for the rig control I/F - like maybe a cable connected to a
>>> Rig Blaster?
>>>
>>> Thanks In Advance!
>>>
>>> 73's,
>>> John