[hpsdr] WSJT-X CAT Control for HPSDR (P1-Pandora)

Chris Smith chris at vspl.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 23:28:30 PDT 2018

Hi John

Just so that you know you’re not howling at the moon ...

I don’t use Windows so I was very happy when John Melton came up with linHPSDR.

Built into that is CAT control from WSJT-X which works well and doesn’t require any external cables or add-on software like VAC. It works via a TCP/UDP port. All good stuff and makes the various protocols available via WSJT-X very easy to implement.

One bijou problemette I have is that when using very low power (typically < 5W) my PA, which is auto switching, doesn’t switch and takes no part in the amplifier chain. So the power is further reduced. In order to use WSJT-X in low power mode I have to remove the PA from circuit and use different settings in the PA config in linHPSDR.

Buy yes, a lot of fun.

73 de Chris G4NUX