[hpsdr] Problem with VAC following Win 10 update to 1803

Richard Grubb richard.n.grubb at comcast.net
Wed Jun 13 17:08:11 PDT 2018

I am using PowerSRD mRX PS 3.4.9 with Hermes (Firmware 3.3). I had
happily been using VAC to interface to Fldigi on the same PC using the
MME drivers to couple to the MS sound mapper interfaces to the Creative
Audigy sound card. After the MS Win 10 1803 update VAC no longer works
and gives me invalid steam pointer errors when I enable VAC. All the
other driver choices except ASIO give the same error. ASIO works to
transfer audio to the PC's speakers but Fldigi does not know how to pick
it up. This problem was not fixed by the June MS patches.

Has anyone else run into this problem, or knows the solution ?

Thanks, 73, Dick, W0QM, G3FNL