[hpsdr] client/server over Internet

Marc OLANIE marc.olanie at decision.fr
Wed Jun 20 06:01:47 PDT 2018

Hi Ken et All

>I look forward to the future when John has rebuilt his QTH and has some brain cycles
>to re-invent ghpsdr3 with the power and beauty of
>*linHPSDR* (which he announced at F'Hafen);

I almost ask the same question on another hpsdr forum: What about the devlpmt of GHPSDR3 ? having a look on the Github repos, the last improvement is 1 year old  and WDSP was committed (Alex's version is even older)

John's talk during Friedrichshafen's event mentioned the fact that he was using LinHPSDR as an I/Q Stream Server able to run as many as 80 remote clients -for a local Radioclub if I can remember-. He even mentioned QTradio wich is probably the best multiplatform remote for this app.

So I concluded that LinHPSDR was the confluence of a full feature software client "and" GHPSDR. I may be wrong... I couldn't find the time to compile and test this piece of software so far. But I definitely will

It would definitely be an important step ahead for the ham community. Imagine a multi hardware server platform (hpsdr stuff, audio I/Q based rigs, Soapy devices), dealing with a multi software client platform (from QTradio to gLSDR etc)

73'
Marc f6itu (still using ghpsdr3-Alex)