[hpsdr] Developers: Don't Forget Local Client / Multiple Remote Server Architecture

Roger Rehr W3SZ w3sz at comcast.net
Wed Jun 20 21:00:43 PDT 2018

QSL on all, Scott!

I agree with your comments.  The realization that no one else was going
to write the software I needed anytime soon was why I did it several
years ago.  I enjoyed writing it and I have enjoyed using it.

It WOULD be great if something with the depth and breadth of PowerSDR,
and that was (at least at the client end) Windows-based came along.  If
that happened, I would certainly give it a try.  I had considered using
PowerSDR instead of KissKonsole as the basis of my efforts, but KK was
much simpler and therefore more approachable than PSDR, and I thus felt
that my chances of success using KK would be much greater than if I
attempted the project using PowerSDR as the base.  I think I made the
right decision given my lack of experience and skill set at the time I
undertook the project.  Every once in a while I tell myself that I am
going to bite the bullet and repeat the task using PSDR as the base or
by starting from scratch with WDSP (using Warren's excellent "The
WDSP_Guide" documentation to help me along).  But for a variety of
reasons I haven't proceeded, and I likely won't proceed unless the stars
align extremely propitiously.

Thanks for the comments, Scott, and

73,

Roger