[hpsdr] Hermes II

K4KV k4kv at k4kv.com
Sun Nov 25 06:05:53 PST 2018

Well, I am going to have to put my flame suit on for this email...

I really have NO room to complain, because I have no experience in
Verilog, and do

not do much in PC program development.  I have done C for twenty years,
but mostly on

microprocessor-based boards.  I also have done hundreds of circuit
boards for various customers

and my own use.  But, do not have the software tools that are used in
the Hermes and up board

development.

So, I have no room for complaining that NOTHING of any consequence has
happened in HPSDR for

a long time, since I have not contributed.

Look at the last time anything has been released.  If I am not mistaken,
it was March 2018.  "They"

said many months ago that Protocol II was nearing release, just had to
go through BETA.  Nothing

has been reported since then.

Then we have Hermes II with all it's promise.  Including dual-channel rx
and 2M capability.  The project

got cancelled, IMHO, by Apache Labs, or perhaps by in fighting among the
developers.

Then Minerva with all it's promise.  I think that Joe got his working.
The progress is at a snail's pace.

I have an I2C filter board pretty much if ready that card if it EVER
gets made.  And, we have been told that

ONLY Apache is going to make it, no longer a TAPR or HPSDR project
apparently.

I am pointing this out with my great admiration for Phil, Joe, Warren,
and the others!  It seems like

there is no focus to the group, no boss, distraction seems to be the
name of the game.

The only way we have of knowing anything is to listen to Teamspeak.
Perhaps there are tons of

things getting done, but never released.

But, really, thanks for all your hard work.  I would be willing to
contribute($) if it would help get things

moving...

73 and have a great holiday season.

Glen K4KV

Moultrie, GA