[hpsdr] Thetis and network performance!

Johan Maas pa3gsb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 10:34:12 PDT 2018

Warren,

Thanks for your reaction.

I have tried all the radio models; no change in the sending packet rate.

I did make the radioberry full duplex (synchronizing all the streams which
we have discussed some time ago; which makes thetis working for 48K/96K
sampel rate and 1 rx ok) , making the puresignal possible, i like the
experiment!

In powersdr i can activate puresignal by unchecking the disable
puresignal....  getting 4 receivers; i do uses rx0 with the ADC samples and
provide rx4 with the DAC tx samples value.
Using P-1 this is possible to do this using 192K sample rate. I still have
to some work to test pure signal using powersdr.

For P-2 i am not able to make 2 slices possible with 192K because of the
high data rate from Thetis.

Iam reading in the protocol port 1025 (DDC SPECIFIC PACKET)
byte 7 DDC Enable DDC0….DDC7[0] = DDC0, [1]= DDC1……[7] = DDC7

I do find only 1 DDC.  (may be i need to read to DDC79; i have not done
this yet)

The radioberry firmware contains of a c-part and a fpga part.

The fpga implements 2 DDC and 1 DUC. In the c part iam possible to control
the FPGA part and making the ethernet udp packets; very flexible!

Where do you enable puresignal in Thetis or is this radiomodel dependent?

So it seems that the data rate is too.

73 Johan
PA3GSB