[hpsdr] Pure Signal RF Sampler

Richard Grubb richard.n.grubb at comcast.net
Wed Sep 5 12:02:40 PDT 2018

Thanks Scott.

The resistive coupler I built is peculiar to the contents of my Junk
Box. I used a series parallel arrangement of 9 half watt metal film
resistors in three parallel - series groups and a 51 ohm terminator to
provide -51 dB coupling and the necessary voltage and power rating for 1
kW. It is flat to a dB or so from 160 - 6m. Actually the Pure Signal 2
implementation is very non critical on sample levels. The software is
completely happy with the linear enabled at 800 - 1000W. However turning
the linear off and just having 5W from the ANAN 10, although the
software flags low level, it still reduces the IMD by ~30 dB. Kudos to
16 bits of dynamic range. A great piece of software ! Thank you HPSDR
programmers !!

It might be worth including a note on the alternatives here in the Power
Signal documentation.

73, Dick W0QM, G3FNL