[hpsdr] Pure Signal RF Sampler

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 06:16:06 PDT 2018

Luke,

See here for more information about PureSignal feedback levels:

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2384

You can certainly switch coupling methods when operating at 100W and below,
and I noted that in my email. However that requires one to change settings,
and having to change things takes time and can lead to mistakes. It would
all be so much simpler if Elecraft chose to provide a 50dB coupling factor.

On early serial number 200Ds you would have to rely on crosstalk, which
will provide less than optimal results. If it is a later serial number unit
with the Rev. 24 RF board you will actually be relying on an internal
coupled path, so it's a "legit" solution.

Linearization works in all modes. On CW you have to use the non-automatic
"single cal" mode using the two tone test signal to set it up, and its
benefits are minimal.

73,

Scott/w-u-2-o