[hpsdr] Keying interface

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 01:12:48 PDT 2018

Ah, now I see what the problem is: you think that PowerSDR mRX "recognizes
WinKey text" over a serial port connection. It does no such thing. What it
DOES do is accept keying inputs that are sent by manipulating control lines
on the serial port. However, no matter, you can easily do what you want.

You did not state what logging program you are using. Nor did you state
that you wanted to use the logging program to send CW messages, but I'm
going to assume that is the case.

An example of how to interface N1MM+ to PowerSDR for CW keying is shown
here:

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2629&p=5686#p5683

You leave the paddle attached to the radio in the normal fashion. Its
operation will not be affected by the N1MM+ connection.

You will NOT hear sidetone when N1MM+ is keying the radio.

73,

Scott/w-u-2-o