[hpsdr] Keying interface

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org
Wed Sep 12 19:01:34 PDT 2018

All:

I'm pursuing connecting logging software to my HPSDR as well as my
IC-910.  I know for the 910, I need something like the K1EL WinKeyer.

I /THINK/ I remember reading or someone telling me that:

     HPSDR recognizes WinKey text.

     All I need to do is set up a virtual serial cables (one for text,
one for PTT) between the logging program and HPSDR and tell HPSDR to
emulate the WinKeyer.

     The iambic paddle input on the HPSDR is still operable.

Or do I need to buy a WinKey, connect its straight key output to HPSDR
key input and configure HPSDR for straight key and plug the iambic
paddle into the WinKey.  I know that this will work, but think I
remember I don't need to do all this??

I can't find anylog of that discussion.

Please confirm or refute/clarify my memory.

Thanks & very 73,

Jim

wb4gcs at amsat.org

---