[hpsdr] NVIDIA Jetson Nano SBC - YouTube video

Scotty Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Tue Apr 30 03:04:30 PDT 2019

Hi Scott,

You make a good point. This is one of the things I would like to do with
the new TAPR TangerineSDR. We should be able to essentially do all of
the filtering and demodulation in the FPGA, and let the SBC just do
command and control and the GUI. Another (good) side effect of this
might just be reduced latency, since the FPGA can likely perform the DSP
tasks more quickly than a (relatively) slow general-purpose CPU can. Of
course, maybe the Cuda cores could do it fast enough just by splitting
the software into two pieces as you suggest, and using the GPU for part
of it and the CPU for the rest. If Phil can do a massive FFT in real
time with the Jetson board, why not have it demodulate and filter a
narrow-band signal in real time?

73,
Scotty WA2DFI