[hpsdr] NVIDIA Jetson Nano SBC - YouTube video

Scotty Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Tue Apr 30 10:26:57 PDT 2019

Hi Scott,

Agreed that you can either keep up in real time or you can't.

What about the "economy" SBCs that can't quite keep up? If I have extra
hp in the FPGA, I can make up for a lack of CPU power in the SBC. And if
my FPGA is a server, all of the clients (i.e., low power SBCs) benefit.

Latency can also come from other sources, such as large packetization or
communications channel latency.

So while I agree that once you are fast enough, "more faster" doesn't
buy you anything, slower (i.e., cheaper, lower power) can hurt you.

My interest lies along the lines of leveraging FPGA/GPU power in a
server to reduce the demands on the clients to where we can use simple,
cheap SBCs as multiple clients connected to a single server. I am more
of a hardware/FPGA guy, so that is where my focus lies. :-)

73,
Scotty WA2DFI