[hpsdr] Penelope output power uncontrolled

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Thu Aug 8 12:58:17 PDT 2019

Tokio,
Yes, the Penelope (but NOT PennyLane) suffered from a build problem where the transformer T2 was reversed.

Perhaps, having not changed the designated configuration in PowerSDR, you likely inherited the previous gain settings (per band as PA settings) that you had used to compensate for the previously reversed transformer.  And these caused higher output than you expected.  You had only reported the 80m and 40m outputs previously (as 'power over 600mw'), and not reported the other bands, such as 6m.

It is good that you now have the increased power output on 6m that you were seeking.

73,
George K9TRV