[hpsdr] Sniffing computer <> Metis to control other things

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 05:22:19 PST 2019

Jim,

There is no UDP signal to multiple addresses that people intercept. 99% of
all software available uses serial CAT data for 99% of all functionality.

If you want to start automating your station, I recommend you look at
DDUtil and it's ability to take CAT frequency data and use that to drive
serial, parallel and MODBUS (PLCs, Programmable Logic Controllers) in
various ways.

I use DDUtil to automate my amp (a KPA500) and use the MODBUS PLC support
to automate antenna switching and to provide various utility switching
functions such as selecting a dummy load via DDUtil macro button commands.
I even have it remotely switch the hardware into bootloader mode when
necessary.

Once you get things wired up it's just a matter of learning the DDUtil
macro/scripting language.

73,

Scott/w-u-2-o