[hpsdr] The OpenHPSDR mRX PS DISPLAY 'Bubbles" Are Gone Now

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 20:53:29 PDT 2019

Just to clarify: these bursts were REAL, and not an artifact of the
display, nor indicative of any problem with PowerSDR, Thetis, Muzy VAC, or
Voicemeeter.

It was a very poor design decision to use 4FSK with instantaneous frequency
transitions in WSJT-X for FT8 (or any other WSJT-X waveform). Although the
frequency transitions were phase continuous, that makes little difference
in the spectra because of the instantaneous change in phase slope. It's
nice to see the WSJT-X dev's finally recognize this and move to a GMSK
style transition.

There was a lot of lost time by many folks including myself looking for
problems that didn't exist, although I eventually figured it out:

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2709&p=4841

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2933

73,

Scott/w-u-2-o