[hpsdr] Anan 10 , remote use on LAN

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 09:27:51 PDT 2019

Dom,

"Remotely" is how many of us, myself included, run the radio, although we
typically only use a single PC. However, by "remotely" I mean over internal
LAN, not WAN (internet). Also, it will not work very well at all over WiFi.
You need a wired connection for best performance.

Install PowerSDR on as many PCs as you like in your home, but only 1 PC can
use the radio at a time. Each installation maintains its own database. You
would have to replicate that database on every PC if you wanted to keep
them in perfect sync, and every time you changed it it would have to be
pushed to all of the other PCs. There are Windows file sharing tools that
could automate that for you, but I don't know much about them.

It is very easy to use a microphone and speakers attached to your PC for
audio. The tutorial here is getting a little old, but it should still be
helpful:

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2655

See also:

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2936

and

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2932&p=6277#p6277

You can even provision a real PTT switch using a serial port on your PC.

73!

Scott/w-u-2-o