[hpsdr] Monitored audio "stuttering" on some PowerSDR TX Audio Profiles

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Mon Mar 25 21:57:39 PDT 2019

Hi Everybody,

I've been doing some more tests with my HPSDR/PowerSDR setup today in
the shack and have been coming across something weird while using the
MON function.

My setup for testing is using a R0DE Podcaster USB microphone connected
to my shack PC together with VAC1 configured to use this audio input for
transmit.

I've tried a handful of transmit profies, some give me very bad
stuttering in the monitored audio, and some sound fantastic. I've looked
at the transmit profiles in setup and can't really see any different
between them that correlate with my findings.  The CPU load barely moves
a handful of % when I transmit, I don't think it is a CPU bottleneck
problem.

Default - OK
Default DX - No good
SSB 3.0K CFC - OK
SSB 3.3K CFC - No good
AM - No good
AM 10k CFC - OK

When I select a transmit profile in PowerSDR is anything else changed in
Setup apart from what I see on the Transmit tab?

73

Michael.
VK5ZEA